As a vegetarian, I've really been struggling to get adequate amounts of protein so far in my pregnancy. I've been able to incorporate a little chicken, but most of it still grosses me out. I even tried a hamburger yesterday. I was able to eat it, but my stomach has hurt all weekend! So - I've decided to resort to protein shakes! Here is my new favorite:
1 cup fruit (I've been using frozen blueberries and strawberries)
1 cup yogurt (I've been using plain greek yogurt) - 11g protein
1 heaping scoop of protein powder - 16g protein
a splash of milk
a dash of honey (for sweetness - plain greek yogurt if VERY bland)
Blend it all up in the blender & it's perfect! Tons of vitamins and minerals plus 27 grams of protein. It makes a great breakfast or snack! I'm getting my protein plus a fruit serving in one delicious shake.
If you have any other shake suggestions, please send them along!
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that sounds delicious!
ReplyDelete